[webkit-dev] Another WPT bite

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Thu May 11 23:32:55 PDT 2017

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Simon Fraser <simon.fraser at apple.com> wrote:
> I was under the impression that tests upstreamed from vendor repositories would land in WPT tests
> with minimal review, based on the fact that they had been reviewed when landed in the vendor repo.

I think that's under the expectation that those reviewing WPT changes
have some familiarity with the structure of WPT.

> What's to stop 4 vendors from upstreaming similar but non-identical tests for a given feature?

Usually when a new feature is in development developers from the
various vendors use the relevant standards forum to coordinate on
testing and avoid duplication.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/