[webkit-dev] ccache on mac

Ben Kelly ben at wanderview.com
Mon May 8 20:21:34 PDT 2017

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Alex Christensen <achristensen at apple.com>
wrote:

> It would be nice if we could just get the CMake built WebKit working with
> run-safari and run-webkit-tests.  That’s something I’ve been meaning to do
> for a while but haven’t gotten around to it.  Something is wrong with the
> xpc service locations and plists, but I think everything else should be ok
> since run-minibrowser works fine with WebKit1.  Let me know if you want to
> help out with this approach and I’ll give you more details

Ah, ok.  It wasn't obvious to me what was fully or partially supported.
Unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to work on the build system.  I
want to try to focus on web facing stuff if I can.

For the time being I worked around the issue with a few scripts using the
xcode build:

A clang wrapper like this:

#!/bin/bash
export CCACHE_CPP2=true
_xcode_path=`/usr/bin/xcode-select -p`
_xcode_clang="${_xcode_path}/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang"
exec /usr/local/bin/ccache "$_xcode_clang" "$@"

And then a build-webkit wrapper to pass them on the command line:

#!/bin/bash
build-webkit CC="/srv/bin/ccache-clang" CXX="/srv/bin/ccache-clang++" "$@"

Seems to be working.  I didn't realize before I could just pass CC/CXX on
the command line like this.

I guess I'll have to make this smarter or have separate scripts if I want
to build for ios or the simulator.

Anyway, just thought I would post that in case anyone else ran into the
same problem.

Thanks.

Ben