[webkit-dev] Webkitgtk with opengl

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Tue Jun 27 14:48:13 PDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Nagendra K <pingnagendra at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have a requirement to build WebKit gtk with opengl. Here the opengl
> layer has some customisation above opengl es 1.1 and current apps use
> this for rendering.  Is it possible to build webkitgtk with opengl es
> 1.1 so that I can add the customisation above that.
> I checked that webkitgtk can build opengl with a flag during the
> build but that might use the opengl es 2.0, how to build for opengl
> es 1.1.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Nagendra

Hi Nagendra,

I don't think we support use of OpenGLES 1.1. Making WebKit compatible
with this older version of OpenGLES would probably require significant
technical expertise.

I'm not very familiar with OpenGL or OpenGLES. Maybe somebody with more
experience would be able to provide a more detailed response.

Good luck,

Michael