[webkit-dev] Unified source builds: A new rule for static variables

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue Aug 29 17:29:05 PDT 2017

> On Aug 29, 2017, at 4:32 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
>
> It's probably more appropriate to use <Filename>Static for files like Editing.cpp, which is a collection of a bunch of global functions.

The keyword “static” is being used to ask for what C++ calls “internal linkage” <http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/storage_duration <http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/storage_duration>>.

So we could even consider “internal” in those cases, unless we can come up with even better words.

— Darin