[webkit-dev] What's the rationale for not including config.h in any header files?

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Wed Aug 2 03:14:27 PDT 2017

02.08.2017, 01:49, "Michael Catanzaro" <mcatanzaro at igalia.com>:
> On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 11:33 PM, Keith Miller <keith_miller at apple.com> wrote:
>> P.S. There is also a reasonable chance that we will do some form of unified sources (compiling multiple cpp files at the same time). In that case we don’t need to change our config.h rules.
>
> Do you have experience with unified source builds on macOS? We basically never do these on Linux, but it's of course possible. These builds are typically great for production but terrible for development, since everything needs to be recompiled when any file is changed. Also, using static to mark functions as file-private no longer works. This is sure to cause headache. But the benefits may be worthwhile.

FWIW, I use ENABLE_ALLINONE_BUILD=ON as a default build option in Qt port and don't have any "terrible" development experience. Even when I need to make a change in file that is not port-specific, usually just one of AllInOne files needs to be recompiled

Of course this may not be good for people actively developing Web-facing code

> Some good description:
>
> http://mesonbuild.com/Unity-builds.html
>
> Michael
> ,