[webkit-dev] What's the rationale for not including config.h in any header files?

Keith Miller keith_miller at apple.com
Tue Aug 1 15:59:48 PDT 2017

I’ve done some experiments with automagically building the unified source files. I have some data that I’ll share with the rest of WebKit when I have more information. But as a quick note, since my current approach to unified sources has the build system decide which cpp files to bundle together, the number of cpp files in the same translation unit will probably be if you think you will likely be doing a lot of incremental builds.

I agree that there are definitely a number of downsides to unified sources. Ultimately, my primary goal is to make the developer experience as smooth as possible, I’m less concerned with production build times. Although, I would like to improve production build times also.

Cheers,
Keith