[webkit-dev] Fonts for WebKit tests on OS X?

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Sat Mar 12 09:54:23 PST 2016

On Sat, 2016-03-12 at 17:50 +0100, Frédéric WANG wrote:
> This depends on what distro / maintainer prefers. In Debian-base
> distro
> the fontconfig changes are automatically done for Latin Modern Math,
> but
> one Arch Linux user told me that their philosophy is rather to always
> do
> the minimal setup and let users decide if they want to configure more
> ;
> so the fontconfig change is unlikely to be done by default...

Well the Fedora maintainers are the upstream maintainers too, so no
point in diverging from fontconfig upstream. If you can get a change
upstream, you can get it into all distros too.

> I guess that's the easiest solution for Fedora...
>
> However, in general I think the best would probably for distros to
> have
> font packages independent from texlive that will just install the
> fonts
> in more standard system locations and expose them to all apps by
> default...

Yeah, makes sense. I don't plan to work on this, but I'm happy to add
non-texlive font packages to the default install on request, if those
packages exist in Fedora and don't require changes in fontconfig
configuration.

Michael