[webkit-dev] Build slave for JSCOnly Linux MIPS

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Tue Apr 19 12:55:37 PDT 2016

19.04.2016, 18:23, "Filip Pizło" <fpizlo at apple.com>:
>>  On Apr 19, 2016, at 5:50 AM, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clopez at igalia.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  On 18/04/16 21:50, Filip Pizlo wrote:
>>>  I don't want a buildbot for MIPS. It's not a relevant architecture
>>>  anymore. I don't think that JSC developers should have to expend
>>>  effort towards keeping this architecture working.
>>
>>  MIPS is still relevant on embedded devices (mainly set-top boxes).
>>  It is also a popular platform for IoT projects.
>
> This doesn't seem like a big enough deal to have in trunk.
>
> Have you considered an out-of-tree port?

Sorry but I don't see how can it work. MIPS contributors are working on different WebKit ports and trunk is the only place where we can collaborate.

Also, I would like to thank WebKit reviewers for valuable input that you are providing on MIPS patches. Sorry if it wastes a bit of your time, but I hope it is not that much.

> -Filip
>
>>  I understand that you don't want to spend time supporting this
>>  architecture, and that is ok. Nobody is proposing here that JSC
>>  developers should spend time maintaining JSC on MIPS.
>>
>>  However, if someone is willing to do the work, I think we should let
>>  them do it and don't actively block it.
>>
>>  Having a buildbot testing JSC on MIPS certainly helps anyone interested
>>  in maintaining this architecture.
>>
>>  And anybody not interested in MIPS, can just ignore this bot.

Konstantin