[webkit-dev] Build slave for JSCOnly Linux MIPS [WARNING - NOT VIRUS SCANNED]

Filip Pizło fpizlo at apple.com
Tue Apr 19 08:22:11 PDT 2016

I think that this is probably OK for the purposes of not creating obligations but I don't see it as a viable strategy for making WebKit work of MIPS.

For example, you guys haven't even shown that JSC can pass all WebKit tests on MIPS. You haven't shown that the MIPS JIT produces a speed up over cloop on MIPS. My fear is that MIPS lags in correctness and that this will always be the case so long as the porting strategy is to track trunk. If that's the case then the MIPS changes will just cause noise for us and will not accomplish the goal of having a stable version of WebKit that works great on MIPS.

Can you offer some insight into the current testing and perf status of MIPS?

-Filip