[webkit-dev] Build slave for JSCOnly Linux MIPS [WARNING - NOT VIRUS SCANNED]

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Tue Apr 19 05:53:03 PDT 2016

19.04.2016, 15:24, "Osztrogonác Csaba" <oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu>:
> Hi,
>
> now the #error macro in Compiler.h is the only one blocker to
> be able to build JSCOnly port with GCC 4.8 (without FTL JIT):
> http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WTF/wtf/Compiler.h#L73
>
> The existance of a buildbot doesn't mean any obligation for anybody.
> We have many bots which are allowed to break. Everybody is allowed
> to break the Apple Mac cmake build, WebKit2 owners can break EFL/GTK
> builds, JSC developers can break ARM Linux builds.

I also would like to note that existence of MIPS bot does not oblige JSC developers who don't work on MIPS to keep it green, e.g. by implementing missing MacroAssembler functions. However, having such bot might be useful in case of refactorings which involve moving MIPS code around, which already happened in the past.

> br,
> Ossy
>
> Filip Pizlo írta:
>>  I don't want a buildbot for MIPS. It's not a relevant architecture anymore. I don't think that JSC developers should have to expend effort towards keeping this architecture working.
>>
>>  -Filip
>>
>>>  On Apr 18, 2016, at 12:36 PM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hello,
>>>
>>>  I'd like to run build slave for MIPS port of JSC (with JSCOnly port on Linux). On the first iteration it will just ensure that compilation is not broken, afterwards I'm planning to add running tests on target.
>>>
>>>  However, I'm planning to use cross-toolchain based on GCC 4.8.4 (for now, the latest one supplied by Broadcom), and unmodified tree won't build because of GCC version check in Source/WTF/wtf/Compiler.h.
>>>
>>>  Are there any objections for lowering GCC requirement from 4.9.0 to 4.8.4 (only for JavaScriptCore without B3)? I'm going to fix arising compilation errors myself.
>>>
>>>  --
>>>  Regards,
>>>  Konstantin

Konstantin