[webkit-dev] Thought about Nix JavaScriptCore port

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Mon Nov 16 15:34:30 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Osztrogonác Csaba
<oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> I like the idea to have a platform free, standalone JSC.
> It would make easier to maintain various ARM backends.
>
> We don't need update-webkit*-libs at all for the
> standalone JSC, it really depends only on ICU and LLVM.

I think the idea of a standalone JSC is not really incompatible with
our current setup. javascriptcoregtk doesn't seem to include any GTK+
specific code, except interaction with the Glib runloop in
inspector/EventLoop.cpp. Perhaps that could move out of JSC entirely
or be part of small wrapper library.

--Martin