[webkit-dev] OSX: Linking to custom build resorts to system version...
nikolay at tsenkov.net
Wed Nov 11 02:06:02 PST 2015
First of all, thanks for the awesome OSS software that WebKit is!
I need some help with linking to a fresh build of WebKit.framework on OS X:
- I am building a modified version of WebKit.framework (my changes are in WebCore and WebKit projects) on OS X 10.11, but I am not able to use that framework in another project - somehow the project always resorts to the default system WebKit.framework.
- OS X 10.11.0 (just saw there is 10.11.1 available, but haven’t installed it yet)
- System Integrity Protection (SIP) disabled (I couldn’t build when ON)
- (Gist) I am making a version of the WebView (the legacy one, the single-process model) which can be used in DAW plugin, exposing API for rendering the audio, settings the sampling rate, not rendering to the audio hardware directly, etc.
- (WebCore) -Replaced- AudioDestinationMac with AudioDestinationDaw;
- (WebCore) -Add- DawStateSingleton which exposes the custom destination node to the WebView;
- (WebKit) -Modify- WebView to include a new constructor and couple of new methods:
- (instancetype)initWithFrame:(NSRect)frame samplingRate:(float)samplingRate frameName:(NSString *)frameName groupName:(NSString *)groupName;
- (void)renderAudio:(int) numberOfFrames bufferList:(AudioBufferList*) bufferList;
In a new project, I am trying to use the new WebView. If I don’t link to WebKit.framework, of course, the build fails because it can’t find the framework. But if I link to the custom build (the WebView header is the new one, I’ve checked) in run time the app breaks with “-[WebView initWithFrame:samplingRate:frameName:groupName:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance” from which I infer it’s using the system version of the WebView.
I’ve tried to inspect how the MiniBrowser project correctly is referring to the new build, but I don’t see how the linking is happening…
Could someone help me out with this?
Please, accept my apologies, if there is something simple that I’ve missed.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the webkit-dev