[webkit-dev] JSC framework API proposal: setting a handler for enqueuing tasks

Yusuke SUZUKI utatane.tea at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:05:43 PDT 2015

Hi WebKittens,

I've landed the update of the ES6 Promise implementation.
Through this work, I've experimentally added the internal private function,
@enqueueJob(JS function, JS array for arguments).
This is corresponding to the ES6 spec EnqueueJob[1].

This EnqueueJob handler is now tightly integrated with WebCore's microtask
infrastructure. So in JSC framework side, we cannot use this function.
As a result, current JSC framework disables Promise because there's no
event loop abstraction.

So I propose the API configuring euqueueJob handler into JSC VM (That
corresponds to the Realm in ECMA spec).

Like,

void JSContextGroupSetEnqueueJobCallback(JSContextGroupRef,
JSEnqueueJobCallback, void* callbackData);

What do you think about this?

[1]: http://ecma-international.org/ecma-262/6.0/#sec-enqueuejob

Best Regards,
Yusuke Suzuki