[webkit-dev] WTF USE(...) macro

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Wed Apr 29 09:56:39 PDT 2015

Hi, please forgive my continuing quest into the realm of small build cleanups.

We have some handy WTF macros to deal with build variables. For example

#if ENABLE(WHATEVER)

will be true if ENABLE_WHATEVER is defined and not 0. There are a few
others such as PLATFORM(...) and USE(...). One irregularity in the
current system is that USE(WHATEVER) looks for WTF_USE_WHATEVER
instead of USE_WHATEVER. Is this an important distinction? Would there
be any reason to not have this look for USE_WHATEVER instead? I
believe this would simplify the CMake build system slightly and
prevent some simple mistakes in the future.

--Martin