[webkit-dev] [Proposal] Remove support for 'multipart/x-mixed-replace' main resources

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Fri Apr 24 10:18:41 PDT 2015

24 апр. 2015 г., в 9:06, Brady Eidson <beidson at apple.com> написал(а):

> Killing the feature would lead to a confusing experience for such users.

Additionally, I think that outright killing multipart main resources would cause unnecessarily confusing experience for WebKit developers. One of the first things we do when a resource is not displayed correctly is open it in in a new window.

It definitely seems appropriate to limit what we claim to support, making the main resource code path more like the subresource one, and removing code complexity along the way.

Anyway, the evidence of someone on the WebKit team being affected by this as a user seems like a fairly strong argument in this case.

- Alexey