[webkit-dev] Proposal: Remove TextureMapperImageBuffer

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Thu Apr 23 11:12:14 PDT 2015

Background: There currently exists a fallback TextureMapper
implementation that does not use OpenGL to composite and project
layers, but instead relies on 2D rasterization. This does not work
correctly for Cairo, since Cairo only supports affine transformations.
I believe this path is only used by GTK+ (and perhaps WinCairo) now.

Proposal: I would like to remove TextureMapperImageBuffer and make
TextureMapperGL the only implementation of TextureMapper. Not only
will this simplify the code, it will remove a build flag
(TEXTURE_MAPPER_GL). The current path isn't (or really shouldn't) be
enabled by default.

Please speak up if you are opposed. :)

--Martin