[webkit-dev] Picking a text autosizing implementation

Sam Weinig weinig at apple.com
Thu Apr 16 09:16:12 PDT 2015

Hi,

WebKit currently has two text autosizing implementations, each behind its own ENABLE macro, the IOS_TEXT_AUTOSIZING implementation used on iOS and the TEXT_AUTOSIZING implementation.  I would like to bring that number down to one, and compile it everywhere so we can test it on all platforms (we would still probably want to disable it at runtime for most platforms).

Is anyone using the TEXT_AUTOSIZING implementation?  If so, would you be against switching to the IOS_TEXT_AUTOSIZING implementation?

- Sam