[webkit-dev] Filling the features.json files

Bem Jones-Bey bjonesbe at adobe.com
Wed Apr 8 15:52:25 PDT 2015

> On Apr 8, 2015, at 15:45, Benjamin Poulain <benjamin at webkit.org> wrote:
>
> On 4/8/15 12:01 PM, Bem Jones-Bey wrote:
>>
>> On 4/7/15, 21:09, "Benjamin Poulain" <benjamin at webkit.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The only mandatory fields are "name" and "status".
>>
>> What are the valid values for the “status” field, and what is the criteria for a feature to be classified under each value?
>
> -"enabled-by-default" tells if the feature is in WebKit nightly.
> -"status" is free text, it will be shown as it is.
> -"shipped" is the list of the first release versions shipping the feature.
>
> For the status text, I have not made up any rule yet. I used:
> -"Done": fully functional, maybe some minor bugs left.
> -"Prototyping": proof of concept kind of work.
> -"In Development": anything in between the other two. Even something that barely work can use this.
>
> Outside status, you can also add "comment" if you want to clarify something, want feedback, etc.

What do you think about having a version of “Done” for fully functional, but -webkit prefixed? For example, we’ve implemented all the features of CSS Shapes Level 1, the spec is in CR, but we still have some bugs to fix. I’d assume that would be past the prototyping phase at this point, but not quite Done, given that it’s still prefixed.

- Bem