[webkit-dev] Filling the features.json files

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Wed Apr 8 15:45:30 PDT 2015

On 4/8/15 12:01 PM, Bem Jones-Bey wrote:

> On 4/7/15, 21:09, "Benjamin Poulain" <benjamin at webkit.org> wrote:
>>
>> The only mandatory fields are "name" and "status".
>
> What are the valid values for the “status” field, and what is the criteria for a feature to be classified under each value?

-"enabled-by-default" tells if the feature is in WebKit nightly.
-"status" is free text, it will be shown as it is.
-"shipped" is the list of the first release versions shipping the feature.

For the status text, I have not made up any rule yet. I used:
-"Done": fully functional, maybe some minor bugs left.
-"Prototyping": proof of concept kind of work.
-"In Development": anything in between the other two. Even something
that barely work can use this.

Outside status, you can also add "comment" if you want to clarify
something, want feedback, etc.

Benjamin