[webkit-dev] DerivedSources.make: Another try?

Patrick Gansterer paroga at paroga.com
Sun Mar 16 14:19:43 PDT 2014

On 16.03.2014, at 22:08, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2014, at 12:01 PM, Patrick Gansterer <paroga at paroga.com> wrote:
>

>> rm does not exist on Windows and scripts can not uses shebang.
>
> OK, I think I’ll scrub the rm commands out. Perl can do rm easily.
>
> What does shebang have to do with the makefile?

You can not run a script by "./script" on Windows and you need to invoke it with "perl ./script"

>> One additional point is the "preprocessor problem": Some scripts require a C preprocessor run to generate the correct output. CMake passes "cl.exe" to all scripts. See [1].
>
> Sorry, I read [1] and couldn’t figure out what this means.

Sorry for not being more precise (maybe not so clear when you're not familiar with CMake in WebKit).

> Could you give me a specific example of a script and explain what “passing cl.exe” means?

E.g. at [1] the following line calls makeprop.pl with the --preprocessor argument "cl.exe /nologo /EP":

COMMAND ${PERL_EXECUTABLE} -I${WEBCORE_DIR}/bindings/scripts ${WEBCORE_DIR}/css/makeprop.pl --defines "${FEATURE_DEFINES_WITH_SPACE_SEPARATOR}" --preprocessor "${CODE_GENERATOR_PREPROCESSOR}"

grep for CODE_GENERATOR_PREPROCESSOR in the CMakeLists.txt and *.cmake files should show up all other uses.

[1] https://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/CMakeLists.txt?rev=165704#L3102

--
Patrick