[webkit-dev] Table layout does not clear setNeedsLayout flag for rows?

Yuki Sekiguchi yuki.sekiguchi at access-company.com
Thu Mar 13 18:30:00 PDT 2014

Since I don't understand table layout well, I'm sorry if I said wrong.

RenderTable::layout() calls RenderTableSection::layout() at [1].
RenderTableSection::layout() calls RenderTableRow::layout() at [2].
RenderTableRow::layout() clears its setNeedsLayout flag at [3].
Therefore, I think the flag is cleared.

[1]:
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/rendering/RenderTable.cpp#L465
[2]:
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/rendering/RenderTableSection.cpp#L420
[3]:
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/rendering/RenderTableRow.cpp#L192

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Mayur K <eminemence at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am checking the layout and rendering of the table element in webkit.
> In the process I figured out that the link of renderers is as follows:
> RenderTableCell
> The layout of the table rows is done in RenderTableSection::layoutRows.
> I did not see any code to specifically set
> RenderTableRow::setNeedsLayout(false) at the end of the function.
> While there is a call to RenderTableCell::layout , which will then clear
> the layout flag for RenderTableCell.
> So is a RenderTableRow::setNeedsLayout(false) needed at the end of the
> layout of each row in RenderTableSection::layoutRows?
> If not then where is the RenderTableRow layout flag cleared?
>
> Regards,
> Mayur Kankanwadi.
>
> --
> Symbiangeek,Codekata & Webkitwiki all in one - http://flaminghorns.com

.

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the addressee. The information may also be legally privileged.
This transmission is sent in trust, and the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mailer and delete this message and its attachments, if any.
Thank you for your cooperation.