[webkit-dev] Heads-up: rollout changelog format change

Filip Pizlo fpizlo at apple.com
Tue Mar 11 10:43:15 PDT 2014

On Mar 11, 2014, at 6:44 AM, Eva Balazsfalvi <evab.u-szeged at partner.samsung.com> wrote:

> Dear WebKit developers,
>
> It's just a heads-up to let you know that rollout changelog format was changed. The
> previous format wasn't so informative, it wasn't obvious what was rolled out and it
> contained unnecessary informations - list of changed files and functions.
>
> I've removed the list of changed files and functions and made the changelog more
> informative with showing the descriptions, bug urls and revision urls of rolled out
> patches in groups - http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/165447

Any particular reason for removing the list of changed files?  I find that to be the easiest way of determining, at a glance, what kind of an effect a change has.  If rollouts no longer include this list then I will have to click the trac links for all of the reverted changes to figure out that file list.  Seems painful.

-Filip