[webkit-dev] Heads-up: rollout changelog format change

Eva Balazsfalvi evab.u-szeged at partner.samsung.com
Tue Mar 11 06:44:10 PDT 2014

Dear WebKit developers,

It's just a heads-up to let you know that rollout changelog format was changed. The
previous format wasn't so informative, it wasn't obvious what was rolled out and it
contained unnecessary informations - list of changed files and functions.

I've removed the list of changed files and functions and made the changelog more
informative with showing the descriptions, bug urls and revision urls of rolled out
patches in groups - http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/165447

Before:
'''2009-08-19  Eric Seidel  <eric at webkit.org>

        Unreviewed, rolling out r12345, r12346, and r12347.
        http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/12345
        http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/12346
        http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/12347
        http://example.com/123

        Reason

        * Scripts/bugzilla-tool:
'''

After:
'''2009-08-19  Eric Seidel  <eric at webkit.org>

        Unreviewed, rolling out r12345, r12346, and r12347.
        http://rollout.example.com/56789

        Reason

        Reverted changesets:

        "r12345's Description"
        http://bug.example.com/12345
        http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/12345

        "r12346's Description"
        http://bug.example.com/12346
        http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/12346

        "r12347's Description"
        http://bug.example.com/12347
        http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/12347
'''

I hope you will find it useful, and please let me know if you notice imperfect behaviour
or find a possible bug. Any suggestions and advice are welcome.

Regards,
Eva Balazsfalvi