[webkit-dev] Is there a Page Changed flag in QtWebKit?

Bruning Michael Michael.Bruning at digia.com
Tue Mar 4 09:20:13 PST 2014

Hi Stirling,

On Tuesday 4th March 2014 at 18:01, Stirling Westrup wrote:

> I have an application where I'm using QtWebKit to render a website at 25 fps, and am sending the stream of
> images to a remote video projection display as a video feed.
>
> Right now I'm performing the rendering every frame, even for completely static pages. I would like to have some
> way of knowing if I should re-render the page and ship it, or if I can just re-use the last rendering because nothing
> has changed.
> Is there any way to detect this?

You should be able to achieve this by connecting to the repaintRequested signal of the QWebPage that you are rendering (see http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qwebpage.html#repaintRequested).

It's probably better to direct QtWebKit specific questions to the webkit-qt list (webkit-qt at lists.webkit.org) in future, since QtWebKit has been removed from WebKit trunk and the webkit-dev is usually used to discuss core WebKit development issues.

Best regards,
Michael