[webkit-dev] Make accelerated compositing mandatory

Alex Christensen alex.christensen at flexsim.com
Tue Jan 28 19:06:11 PST 2014

I've made WinCairo almost able to enable accelerated compositing using the
TextureMapper code.  I would not consider it stable yet, but it compiles
and runs to the point that it can be debugged.  WebGL doesn't work at all
with it yet, and I've had a few other problems and crashes.  I can't
dedicate a lot of time to it right now and I'm not a compositing expert,
but I'd be happy to share what I've done.

Alex Christensen

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:

> ENABLE(DECELERATED_COMPOSITING)
>
> On Jan 28, 2014, at 10:15 AM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
>
> > If we can't drop the non-accelerated-compositing mode immediately, I
> think that non-accelerated-compositing should be the one that is treated as
> an exception and be renamed to use the word "deprecated".
> >
> > -- Darin

Alex Christensen

FlexSim Software Products, Inc.

*1577 North Technology Way | Building A | Suite 2300 | Orem, Utah 84097*

*Voice: 801-224-6914 | Fax: 801-224-6984*

*Email:* alexc at flexsim.com <kimw at flexsim.com>

*URL:* www.flexsim.com

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended

only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.