[webkit-dev] How did Apple build libicucore.dylib?

Eric Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 20:53:58 PST 2014

On 1/10/14, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> While I don’t know the answer to the question you asked,
> http://userguide.icu-project.org/icufaq#TOC-How-can-I-reduce-the-size-of-the-ICU-data-library-
> answers what might be the real question. Not sure it’s important to
> replicate exactly what Apple did.
>
> — Darin

Thanks for the valuable info. I'll start researching that too. I would
like to see if I can reproduce Apple's just so I have a baseline
reference (I've written a test262 conformance standalone app for
Mac+JSCore and am using it as my baseline comparison as I do my work
to make sure I'm not subtly breaking things).

But not needing to actually port and maintain all these customizations
would be useful to me in the end.

Thanks,
Eric
--