[webkit-dev] EFL and GTK on Darwin

Dan Bernstein mitz at apple.com
Mon Feb 10 18:30:52 PST 2014

Hi everyone, and especially EFL and GTK contributors!

In preparation for changing PLATFORM(MAC) to be false when building for iOS, I have been reviewing usage of PLATFORM(MAC) throughout our codebase. Some of these uses are really about targeting the Darwin OS. However, I could not simply replace PLATFORM(MAC) with OS(DARWIN), because the latter also encompasses the EFL and GTK platforms when building for Darwin (which the former does not). Therefore, thus far I have replaced relevant instances of PLATFORM(MAC) with (OS(DARWIN) && !PLATFORM(EFL) && !PLATFORM(GTK)).

This is ugly and seems like a waste of time, so I was wondering:

1. Is there a configuration of the EFL port that actually builds for Darwin?

2. Is there a configuration of the GTK port that actually builds for Darwin?

3. If such configuration(s) exist, would it be OK for them to use Darwin when building for Darwin?

If the answer to 1 and 2 is no, or if the answer to 3 is yes, then I will simply use OS(DARWIN) to replace PLATFORM(MAC) where that is the intent, and, depending on the answers to 1 and 2, update the EFL and GTK build systems to include the Darwin-based implementations where needed.

Thanks!