[webkit-dev] WebGL backends

Dean Jackson dino at apple.com
Mon Feb 10 09:54:59 PST 2014

On 10 Feb 2014, at 9:27 am, Steven Coul (scoul) <scoul at cisco.com> wrote:

> Would this be simplify as in tidy up existing code, get down to a simple subset of required functionality, and maybe abstracting the (E)GL part?
>
> Or are you considering a simplification by just saying it will be EGL version X, and OpenGL version Y from now on and nothing else?

No, I was just hoping there was a chance to reduce the number of implementations, but it seems they are all actively used.

There might still be an opportunity to collect shared functionality (Alex mentioned Windows) but that was the existing design goal anyway, so it would be minor changes if any.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Dean