[webkit-dev] review times

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Wed Dec 3 16:58:40 PST 2014

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM, Daniel Lazarenko <danielo at opera.com> wrote:

> I've made a patch for a bug # 137299, and it's been waiting for review for
> more than 30 days now.

Did you contact the relevant reviewers on IRC and by emails?  In my
experience, posting a patch or commenting on WebKit is rarely a sufficient
way to get a reviewer's attention if you want a better turn round time.

I was always thinking that open source projects are open to changes and
> collaboration.

I would point out, however, that we are not obligated to take anyone's
patch just for the sake of open-ness and collaboration.  We only take
patches that match our project goals (
http://www.webkit.org/projects/goals.html) for example (I'm not saying your
patch doesn't fit our goals), and reviewers judge whether a patch will
merit the project or not on case-by-case basis.

There should be some rules for such cases when only one person can review,
> but he/she is so busy that practically it's not going to happen.

I'm highly opposed to creating such a rule.

- R. Niwa