[webkit-dev] Enabling CSS Grid Layout runtime flag by default

Javier Fernandez jfernandez at igalia.com
Fri Apr 25 05:21:29 PDT 2014

Hi,

As we discussed in the last WebKit Contributors Meeting, I think it
would be useful to have the runtime feature enabled by default.

We already have a compilation flag since r164659 [1], so enabling the
runtime flag by default would make easier for developers to try out and
test the new feature. Of course, in release builds the compilation flag
is kept to false as expected.

If everybody agrees, we have a patch ready to do this change:
http://webkit.org/b/132189

FWIW, in WebKit nightly builds the runtime feature is set to true or
false depending on the compilation flag since r166614 [2]. However, this
is only affects the Mac port.

--
Javi

[1] http://webkit.org/b/129153