[webkit-dev] Request for Comments: DoYouEvenBench

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Wed Sep 18 17:30:06 PDT 2013

Hi,

I just added DoYouEvenBench, a new browser DOM benchmark, in
http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/156073.

This benchmark uses http://todomvc.com and emulates user actions: adding
100 todo items, completing them, and then deleting them with Ember.js,
Backbone.js, jQuery, and plain-old DOM.

I'm also in the process of adding one more Ember.js demo app and Flight JS
demo app to the benchmark.

The benchmark is at the very early stage of the development, and I'd
welcome your comments and complaints.

*Note: The benchmark is not meant to compare the performance between
different JS frameworks.  Due to the way each application's written and
user actions are emulated, we can't make a sensible comparison.*

- R. Niwa