[webkit-dev] Linker error with Xcode 5 on OS X 10.8

Bem Jones-Bey bjonesbe at adobe.com
Wed Sep 18 13:47:10 PDT 2013

Hey all,

Upon installing Xcode 5 on 10.8.5, I get the following error when attempting to build the Mac port:

  "__kCFURLCachePartitionKey", referenced from:
      _WKCachePartitionKey in libWebKitSystemInterfaceMountainLion.a(WebKitSystemInterface.o)
  "__CFHostIsDomainTopLevel", referenced from:
      _WKIsPublicSuffix in libWebKitSystemInterfaceMountainLion.a(WebKitSystemInterface.o)

I'm guessing this means that we just need an updated version of libWebKitSystemInterfaceMountainLion.a.

I know that at least one other person has had the same issue, so this is also a PSA of sorts.

In the meantime, I have switched back to Xcode 4, but would very much like to be able to go back to Xcode 5. :-)

- Bem