[webkit-dev] [WinCairo] : ENABLE_VIDEO => how to activate HTML5 video tag ?

Alex Christensen alex.christensen at flexsim.com
Fri Oct 11 13:34:55 PDT 2013

I would like WinCairo to have video enabled, also, but it would take some
work.  This was done successfully a few years ago by Phillippe Normand, but
his code needs to be updated.  I got it compiling a few days ago, but
something was wrong with my GStreamer installation.

Here's Phillippe's branch:
http://git.igalia.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=webkit.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/win-gst

If anyone wants to look at my updated code, let me know and I'll email a
diff off of the webkit-dev list.

Alex Christensen

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Brendan Long <self at brendanlong.com> wrote:

>  On 10/11/2013 02:13 PM, Urbain EGIS wrote:
>
> "Playing" a bit with WebKit sources for Windows (using WinCairo port) I
> expected to activate HTML5 video tag. I just simply put : #define
> ENABLE_VIDEO 1 and rebuilt everything. But I realized that only few files
> are concerned by USE(ENABLE_VIDEO) and are not even .CPP files.
>
> It would be ENABLE(VIDEO), not USE(ENABLE_VIDEO).
>

>  So something may have been falling through the net... But what ? What is
> missing from Visual Studio generation ? Which procedure shall be applied to
> get .CPP files included into MS projects ?
>
> Most likely you need to specifiy which media player to use. For example,
> to use GStreamer you would define WTF_USE_GSTREAMER. I don't see a
> DirectShow media player, so GStreamer is probably your best bet.
>
> You can look through the players by looking at file starting with
> "MediaPlayerPrivate", for example:
>
>    - AV Foundation (Mac)
>     - Blackberry
>     - GStreamer
>    - QTKit (QuickTime?)
>     - WinCE

Alex Christensen

FlexSim Software Products, Inc.

*1577 North Technology Way | Building A | Suite 2300 | Orem, Utah 84097*

*Voice: 801-224-6914 | Fax: 801-224-6984*

*Email:* alexc at flexsim.com <kimw at flexsim.com>

*URL:* www.flexsim.com

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended

only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.