[webkit-dev] Range based loops

Van Den Berghe, Vincent Vincent.VanDenBerghe at bvdinfo.com
Sun Nov 10 06:17:22 PST 2013

Hello,

I sincerely hope that the move to whatever version of Visual Studio will not break compatibility with Visual Studio 2010.
I'm usually the last person to cling to old versions, but the economic reality is that for many shops, including mine, upgrading to the "latest and greatest" Visual Studio makes little technological sense and even less economic sense. Just saying "but there's increased C++ compatibility and oh-look-at-these-new-features" doesn't convince the people holding the purse strings.  And they are holding them very tightly indeed. With good reason.
The faster release cadence (2-3 years post VS2010) between versions and the unwillingness of Microsoft to provide support beyond a single service pack (which they will chop up and rename to "updates") made upgrading a very hard sell for us developers.

Thanks for listening,

Vincent