[webkit-dev] Turning CSS Variables Off

Mike Lawther mikelawther at google.com
Thu May 16 15:56:25 PDT 2013

On 16 May 2013 17:50, Sergio Villar Senin <svillar at igalia.com> wrote:

> Yeah I know. That's why I tried to get in contact with Luke Macpherson,
> the author of the current implementation, but it looks like he isn't
> working in Chromium any more.
>
> Alan Cutter is the maintainer of CSS Variables in Blink. He's finishing up
the CSSOM integration, which was the missing thing at the time of the fork.

The spec (now called CSS Custom Properties) is now at Last Call (
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-variables/), so spec-wise, things are unlikely
to change, unless someone pipes up Right Now. If people have concerns about
the specification, please do raise them over at www-style.