[webkit-dev] Intent to Enable CSS Exclusions in Nightlies

Dean Jackson dino at apple.com
Sun May 12 22:25:51 PDT 2013

On May 9, 2013, at 6:13 PM, Mark Rowe <mrowe at apple.com> wrote:

> The only platform for which nightly builds are produced is OS X. Do you intend to enable it for all platforms on tip of tree, or just for those from which nightly builds are built?
>
> What I'm getting at is that I'm confused as to why you mentioned nightly builds at all in your initial email if you're enabling it for all platforms.

We had a discussion about this at the contributor's meeting. I sent a draft resolution, which Bear linked to.

The idea is that people would send an email to the list when a feature is about to be enabled by default (at compile time, and at run time if they have such a flag, although we're trying to avoid that). It then is testable in Nightly builds.

So the goal is to allow people to use and test the feature. The fact that OS X is the only platform producing Nightly builds makes this a little weird, because it means you really only have to enable for OS X, but let's assume more platforms join the nightly party at some point.

Dean