[webkit-dev] Getting started with making Qt WebKit patches

Jocelyn Turcotte jocelyn.turcotte at digia.com
Mon Mar 25 08:36:53 PDT 2013

You might also want to know that qtwebkit.git has a few directories stripped, please use the official git://git.webkit.org/WebKit.git or https://github.com/WebKit/webkit repositories instead.

> > I'm running Windows 8 x64, Git version 1.8.0.msysgit.0, and
> > ActivePython 2.7.2 x64. From Git Bash, I called
> > `Tools/Scripts/webkit-patch prepare --cc=hausmann at webkit.org'

AFAIK nobody is maintaining webkit-patch on Windows, it currently works much better on Mac and Linux.
It's also not possible to run tests for QtWebKit on Windows.

> > Running Tools/Scripts/prepare-ChangeLog worked ok, but I was under the
> > impression that webkit-patch is preferred as it automates a lot more
> > aspects of the workflow (is that correct?)

After running prepare-ChangeLog you can create a bug and upload a patch manually.
See http://www.webkit.org/coding/contributing.html for more info.

Cheers,
Jocelyn