[webkit-dev] Please don't land patches without rebaselining tests for at least one platform

Glenn Adams glenn at skynav.com
Thu Mar 21 16:02:19 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:

> Lately, I've encountering changesets that only add lines to
> TestExpectations and then never baseline tests for any platform.

This (never rebaseline tests for any platform in that changeset) may not be
possible depending on circumstances. For example, I do my dev work on MBP
Retina, which produces different baselines than the platforms used for mac
test bots. As a result, I sometimes have no choice but to land a changeset
without a new baseline and then use garden-o-matic after-the-fact to land a
new baseline.

Or do you have an alternative in mind that would work in my case? Note that
it really isn't practical for me to ask another dev to build my patch
before landing in order to provide me a new baseline that i can add to the
patch.