[webkit-dev] Spelling document markers: Design question

Rouslan Solomakhin rouslan+webkit at chromium.org
Mon Mar 11 09:41:40 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Hajime Morrita <morrita at chromium.org>wrote:

> There are DocumentMarker, or DocumentMakerDetails. Which do you have in
> your mind?

I had DocumentMarkerDetails in mind. It seems to be the standard location
of auxiliary information for a document marker.

> Or you can possibly introduce another DocumentMakerDetails for the
> "contextual  marker". This approach might be cleaner. By introducing the
> new subclass, it won't interfere existing marker implementations. One
> caveat of this approach is that this needs extra heap allocations since
> DocumentMarkerDetails with unique IDs cannot be shared and will be
> allocated per marker.

I like the approach with another DocumentMarkerDetails class. I would like
to have both description and identifier in my DocumentMarkerDetails. Would
it be OK to inherit from DocumentMarkerDescription?