[webkit-dev] Spelling document markers: Design question

Hajime Morrita morrita at chromium.org
Sun Mar 10 22:40:24 PDT 2013

There are DocumentMarker, or DocumentMakerDetails. Which do you have in
your mind?

For me, it seems DocumentMarker is the right place to put such an ID since
DocumentMarkerDetails is an immutable, shared object and giving such ID
breaks the assumption for instance sharing.

Or you can possibly introduce another DocumentMakerDetails for the
"contextual  marker". This approach might be cleaner. By introducing the
new subclass, it won't interfere existing marker implementations. One
caveat of this approach is that this needs extra heap allocations since
DocumentMarkerDetails with unique IDs cannot be shared and will be
allocated per marker.

Sorry for my slow response. Hope this helps.