[webkit-dev] Ports not building as C++11?

Patrick East patricke at bsquare.com
Mon Jul 29 10:42:46 PDT 2013

There is support for C++11 on Windows Embedded Compact 2013 using the newer VC11 compiler, but for CE 5, 6, or WEC 7 they will not be able to support it since they are limited to the VC9 compiler. Afaik there doesn’t appear to be any plans from Microsoft to back-port the newer compiler and run time to support older versions of CE.

I realize that CE 5, 6, and 7 are probably not top priorities for the community, but these changes will basically force dropping support for those platforms. We do have some interest in keeping WebKit working for our downstream build, so if it’s possible to make this change over to using C++11 in a way that can allow for building without the new features that would be ideal. If there is anything we can do that help make this happen let me know.

Thanks!

Patrick East | Software Engineer
+1 425.519.5912 | patricke at bsquare.com<mailto:patricke at bsquare.com>
Bsquare │Forging Smart Connections