[webkit-dev] Ports not building as C++11?

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sun Jul 28 10:30:26 PDT 2013

On Saturday 27 July 2013, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Friday 26 July 2013, Anders Carlsson wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > when Oliver landed his “let’s break everything” patches in JSC the other
> > day, I noticed that some of the follow-up build fixes by other ports were
> > removing use of C++11 features (mainly nullptr).
> >
> > Are there any ports that aren’t building as C++11? If so, why not?
>
> Yes, and because C++11 is not supported on all the platforms we support. We
> don't all have the option to not care about the platforms of a certain
> fruit themed vendor's 1 or 2 year old operating systems.

I apologize for that comment. It was not meant seriously, and is much more
antagonizing than funny, so please forget I ever wrote that.

On a serious note, we have nothing blocking activating C++11 in the Qt port of
WebKit. I prepared WTF and WebCore for C++11 with GCC months ago, and we
dropped support for platforms where it isn't available from support when C++11
became required in WebKit2. The only fallout will likely be the loss of the Qt
MIPS bot which is maintained by a third party and is too old.

Regards
`Allan