[webkit-dev] Adding ENABLE_CSS_DIRECTIONAL_FOCUS to WebCore.

Benjamin Poulain benjamin at webkit.org
Fri Jul 26 20:07:58 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Mario Sanchez Prada <
mario.prada at samsung.com> wrote:

> > Ah, When I made a new patch, had doubts about the file name "Deprecated".
> > So, I have to wait the "StyleBuilder" Class to have a clear form.
>
> On this regard, some input from Dirk Schulze could probably be very useful
> as guidance here, as he was the original author of the commit where this
> class got deprecated[1].

It is a work in progress to clean the StyleBuilder.

> > Also, I'm waiting for the community to conclude this discussion.
>
> Me too.

Honestly, I am concerned that no one in favor of this feature is a regular
contributor.

The feature does not seem very invasive so if some people really invest
time in maturing this, it could be worth experimenting with this and
provide feedback to the W3C working group.
I think everything should be behind a feature flag, and have the -webkit-
prefix. As usual with experimental features, you will have to remove it if
it turns out the experiment is not successful.

Benjamin