[webkit-dev] FTL merge (and subsequent mayhem)

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Thu Jul 25 09:06:20 PDT 2013

(I meant to send this last night, so many apologies for the delay)

Last night I merged over the FTL branch to trunk, currently the FTL itself is guarded by ENABLE_FTL_JIT and HAVE_LLVM guards, however the branch does bring in a lot of general improvements to JSC's existing execution engines.

Unfortunately this has hosed all the non-Mac builds, and my initial attempt to fix the CMake based build systems had so little effect that I felt I needed assistance from engineers on those specific platforms, unfortunately none were around by the time I headed to bed.

I would like to apologise to the maintainers of those platforms that I destroyed, and offer my heart felt thanks to those who have already started getting the builds running.  I will be available all day today if help is needed, but to my knowledge this should primarily require updating project files *crosses fingers*.

--Oliver