[webkit-dev] Changes to the WebKit2 development process

Dongsung Huang luxtella at company100.net
Mon Jan 28 00:49:25 PST 2013

2013/1/10 Sam Weinig <weinig at apple.com>

> At this point, we ask that all completely non-trivial patches be reviewed
> by an owner, even if in port specific code.
>
> - Sam

Hi Sam and webkit developers.

I really appreciate WK2 owners' effort to improve all port specific code as
well as WK2 code.
However, recently EFL, Gtk and Qt (by Alphabetical order) developers are
having a hard time due to decreasing productivity.

For example, I had filed a platform specific patch and had it reviewed by a
Qt reviewer 10 days ago. And then WK2 owner's review was needed to commit.
One of the WK2 owners made an effort to review. However, compared to
before, review speed dramatically decreased and I had to wait his response
for several days.
I understand the WK2 owner had many jobs besides reviewing this platform
specific patch, and I really appreciated his effort and comment.
Finally I had to separate the patch to a WebCore platform specific part and
a WK2 platform specific part because many other bugs were blocked by the
WebCore part.

IMHO, recently, contributors as well as WK2 owners are a bit suffering from
it. I think we can go to a better direction: making all developers happy as
well as resolving WK2 owners' concerns.

Cheers,

Dongsung Huang