[webkit-dev] Please do not enable ENABLE_INPUT_TYPE_DATETIME

TAMURA, Kent tkent at chromium.org
Tue Jan 22 00:32:45 PST 2013

> The two mail threads bounce back and forth between Hixie's opinion and
> yours. Was there a conclusion reached anywhere on what to do with datetime
> and datetime-local?

We agreed that existing implementations of input[type=datetime] were wrong.
But we have no
conclusion of the type renaming and the expected UI.
So, I don't think we can provide reasonable implementation of
input[type=datetime] in WebKit
anytime soon, and we had better stop shipping the wrong implementation
before it is used widely.

--
TAMURA Kent
Software Engineer, Google