[webkit-dev] Best practices for landing new/changed layout test expectations?

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Mon Feb 25 17:17:17 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn at skynav.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:27 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
>
>> Quite frankly, I don't want it to be my (or anyone but patch author's)
>> job to take care of all these stale entries people add.
>>

> I agree, but I think that sloppy follow-up doesn't mean the approach is
> necessarily bad. We have to police our own work and others all the time.

If we need to constantly remind people to do X, then X needs to be removed
from the list of things we need to remember to do.

WebKit already has thousands of miscellaneous things we need to know in
order to contribute. We need to reduce that list instead of introducing yet
another bureaucratic process and a tool we need to know how to use.

- R. Niwa