[webkit-dev] Importing W3C tests for HTML template elements

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Thu Dec 5 10:09:28 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2013, at 6:48 AM, youenn fablet <youennf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am planning to add some XHR tests from
> https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests.
> My initial plan was to add them in a subdirectory of
> LayoutTests/http/tests/w3c.
> If adding them into LayoutTests/imported/w3c, that would probably require
> updating the test scripts to start/stop the HTTP test server for that
> particular sub-folder.
>
> Any preference?
>

> I’d prefer LayoutTests/imported/w3c. Although I’m not so happy about the
> different terminology we are using for “imported” vs. “ThirdParty”, which
> seems like the same concept at the top level of the directory structure.
>
> Might be nice to think about a more elegant way to trigger the HTTP server
> when needed. Even requiring some kind of trigger file in each directory
> would be better than the hard-coded path rule we use now.

I'd prefer/recommend LayoutTests/imported/w3c as well (and just modify the
test scripts to deal w/ the additional http servers). As you start to pull
in more of the w3c's tests, there will probably need to be some overall
cleanup and refactoring of how stuff like this works and is shared (e.g.,
duplication of files under resources/ , paths mapped in the http server,
etc.). Blink has the same issues. I'd be happy to help out with this where
possible to try and keep things relatively consistent.

-- Dirk