[webkit-dev] Importing W3C tests for HTML template elements

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Dec 4 11:19:23 PST 2013

On Dec 4, 2013, at 6:48 AM, youenn fablet <youennf at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am planning to add some XHR tests from https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests.
> My initial plan was to add them in a subdirectory of LayoutTests/http/tests/w3c.
> If adding them into LayoutTests/imported/w3c, that would probably require updating the test scripts to start/stop the HTTP test server for that particular sub-folder.
>
> Any preference?

I’d prefer LayoutTests/imported/w3c. Although I’m not so happy about the different terminology we are using for “imported” vs. “ThirdParty”, which seems like the same concept at the top level of the directory structure.

Might be nice to think about a more elegant way to trigger the HTTP server when needed. Even requiring some kind of trigger file in each directory would be better than the hard-coded path rule we use now.

— Darin