[webkit-dev] WebKit2 and ENABLE_PLUGIN_PROCESS

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Aug 19 09:38:53 PDT 2013

Hi

On Monday 20 May 2013, Anders Carlsson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is anyone building WebKit2 without ENABLE_PLUGIN_PROCESS set, running
> Netscape plug-ins in the web process?

No but we were building WebKit2 without ENABLE_PLUGIN_PROCESS on Windows
because we have plugins enabled in WebKit1, but it is unsupported in WebKit2.

We have had WebKit2 disabled on our build-bots for 2 months because WebKit2 no
longer builds without ENABLE_PLUGIN_PROCESS.

Perhaps it would be cleanest if we removed ENABLE_PLUGIN_PROCESS since it is
no longer possible it disable, and perhaps introduce something to disable
NPAPI only in WebKit2.

`Allan